You will begin work on your personal site. For purposes of this exercise (and it pains me to say it) content doesn't matter. What matters is that you fulfill the requirements of the assignment. Note, in the following assignment description, all bolded terms indicate terms of art for HTML, not general definitions. Follow those accordingly.
Requirements: You must create, and upload to your lis563x server, a single HTML page that:
- Uses a standard HTML format: (it need not validate perfectly just yet, but it must follow the basic structure of an HTML Document)
- When opened in a TEXT EDITOR (aka when the "source" is viewed) it should be readily apparent that this is HTML, and not plain text. Meaning it should contain basic HTML tags; specifically:
- The tag that indicates that it is an HTML file
- Tags for the "head" and "body" of the document
- A unique title
- Must contain at least one headline/header
- Must contain one or more paragraphs
- Must contain an aside
- Must contain some emphasized text
- Must be the index page of your site.
Note: These HTML "assignments" will not (yet) show up in Canvas at all. Instead, I will be monitoring the lis536x web server for changes and additions that you make. If, at any time, you are having trouble uploading, or you want me to consider different versions of files, simply email me and let me know.
Good resources for reviewing these basics, and previewing more of what we do: