Created Thursday 06 April 2023
As demonstrated in class
Update your system (sudo apt update && sudo apt upgrade)
sudo apt install docker.io docker docker-compose
SHOULD be sufficient. If not, more info here:https://docs.docker.com/engine/install/ubuntu/
- Permissions on startup. The "best" thing to do is to NOT use sudo and instead properly add yourself to the "docker" group.
Next, I strongly recommend "docker-compose" for your projects.
- Create a directory for your project.
- Go into that directory, and create an appropriate "docker-compose.yml" file (e.g. copy and paste from docker hub or similar)
- Modify the file as needed e.g.
- create a directory for files that matches the