Created Tuesday 16 June 2020
GNU - Gnu's Not Unix
LINUX - Linux Is Not UniX
EULA (End User License Agreement)
- One person, one computer, one use, that's about it.
(no copying, no taking part, no decompiling etc)
GPL ( General Public License)
- You may make copies for yourself
- You may make copies for others
- You may "take apart"
- You may put back together
- You may sell copies
- You may name it differently
- You MUST make source reasonably available
- You may make a copy, modify it heavily, and keep it (or sell that copy to someone)
- IF you do redistribute, you must do so with all of the above preserved; i.e. you cannot pass restrictions downstream.
The Linksys thing - GPL Violation. WRT54G